Registered/lnsured with BCRU? *
Team Registering For *
NOTE: If currently registered with a rugby club, player will be BCRU registered. Non-registered players will be asked to register with the BCRU online
Jersey Size (best guess) *
Short Size (best guess): *
h PLEASE READ AND SIGN AGREEMENT
- As a Junior Tide representative-level rugby player, players are expected to conduct themselves according to the code of conduct at all times, on the pitch and off
- Community volunteer work is sometimes required, at the request of sponsors, to help off-set the costs of running our programs. Team managers will coordinate community work, which players are expected to participate in.
PLAYER CODE OF CONDUCT
As a South Island Junior Tide Rugby team candidate and if chosen, playing member, I will:
- Be a good sportsman, compete fairly, win with dignity and lose with grace.
- Be a good team mate by supporting my team mates no matter what their skill level.
- Treat all players as I would like to be treated myself. Bullying in any form is not acceptable.
- Control my emotions — verbal or physical abuse of team mates, opponents, coaches, match officials or spectators is not acceptable.
- Be attentive at all training and coaching sessions.
- Attend sufficient training sessions to learn safe rugby play & techniques and recognize the right & responsibility of coaches to limit my play until I am deemed by the coach as fit or skilled enough to play.
- Play because I want to do so, not to please coaches or parents.
- Remember that skill development, fun and enjoyment are the most important parts of the game.
- Understand that not all players who tryout can or will be selected. If not selected, I will work towards bettering my game and continue with the sport as long as it remains enjoyable for me. If selected, I will represent the South Island with pride, dignity and play to the utmost of my ability when given the opportunity to do so.
Our organization has an admirable history of self-control among players and parents.
However, there is always the possibility that problems requiring disciplinary action could arise. Should a coach or other official determine any player's behavior to be unacceptable and/or in any way harmful to another player, the matter will be brought to the Sl Tide
Executive (comprising the Director of Tide Rugby and two members of the VIRU) for review.
The Disciplinary Committee shall have the authority to ban any person from the South
Island Junior Tide activities for whatever length of time it deems necessary.
Player, please sign your initials to acknowledge you have read and understand the terms above:
Player Initials *
h PLEASE READ AND SIGN AGREEMENT
PARENT CODE OF CONDUCT
As a Parent of a South Island Junior Tide athlete (SI-JT) player, I will:
- Understand that this is a representative, highly competitive level of rugby and there will be a player selection process to determine which athletes travel to certain competitions including Island and provincial test matches or Regional Championships.
- Support my child if not selected for a specific Representative team. Not all players who try out can be selected. I will remain positive and encourage my child to continue participating and improving their game at every opportunity.
- Be aware that the SI-JT coaches have a duty of care to ensure the safety of players and therefore will be assessing players as to their ability to safely participate in games of rugby played at a high level & intensity.
- Be involved with SI-JT activities and volunteer my time and support when asked.
- Ensure my children attend sufficient practices to be able to play effectively with the rest of the team with the techniques & fitness levels expected.
- Understand that starting/non-starting roles, playing time, positions played are the decision of the coaching staff, and consider the needs of all players and the team as a whole
- Share concerns, if I have them, with SI-JT officials. If necessary this shall be done with discretion at the appropriate time and place
Our organization has an admirable history of self-control among players and parents. However, there is always the possibility that problems requiring disciplinary action could arise. Should a coach or other official determine any player's behavior to be unacceptable and/or in any way harmful to another player, the matter will be brought to the Sl Tide Executive (comprising the Director of Tide Rugby and two members of the VIRU) for review.
The Disciplinary Committee shall have the authority to ban any person from the South Island Junior Tide activities for whatever length of time it deems necessary.
Parent, please sign your initials to acknowledge you have read and understand the terms above:
Parent Initials *
Please fill out this brief medical history for the purpose of our trials. If player is selected, a more extensive medical form will be required.
Prescription Medication (ie Epi Pen, Insulin, Inhalers etc.) THAT YOU CURRENTLY TAKE OR REQUIRE REGULARLY*
Do you have any medical conditions that we should be aware of: e.g. Allergies, Diabetes, Heart
Conditions, Asthma, Skin Conditions (ie itching, rashes, acne), or Any Other Medical Condition?*
Please Submit your registartion and you will be directed to the payment page. You will also recieve a copy of your registration via email. This registration will not be marked complete until tryout fees has been payed.